Full-time position – 40 hours per week
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Have you owned or managed a museum or boutique store? Are you interested in design and architecture? Frank Lloyd Wright’s Martin House, located in Buffalo, NY, is looking for an energetic professional to lead our retail team and oversee museum store operations, inventory, and product selection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain effective, attractive merchandising plan to maximize sales and use of space.
• Research and purchase all inventory for the museum store. Work with retail and accounting staff to receive inventory and facilitate vendor payments.
• Research and establish new merchandise sources. Ensure that merchandise meets the criteria of the museum store and the Martin House mission. Attend retail tradeshows as appropriate.
• Monitor inventory levels and maintain POS system in line with approved procedures and internal controls.
• Routinely analyze inventory margins/pricing/discounts to maximize revenue.
• Manage store staff to ensure exemplary customer service in a collaborative and positive atmosphere.
• Manage year-end inventory, including quarterly cycle counts, to ensure successful inventory at year’s end.
• Work with the licensing staff at the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation to serve as a resource for product development.
• Develop new products that will resonate with visitors; Create and refine retail items with the Martin House logo to reinforce branding.
• Develop, monitor, and achieve annual retail budgetary goals in consultation with Director of Finance and Executive Director.
• Work with Director of Marketing to create annual retail marketing plan.
• Manage the e-commerce platform to maximize sales and maintain a positive online shopping experience for customers.
• Assist other staff with events that involve retail opportunities.
• Utilize/support the Martin House volunteer program by engaging volunteers in coordination with paid staff.
Education and Experience:
• Substantive experience in owning or managing an independent retail enterprise or museum store.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, retail management, or related field is preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, POS software (Lightspeed is preferred), and database/ reporting analysis.
• Candidate must be organized and self-motivated with proven supervisory experience in retail environment.
• Strong communication skills (both oral and written), exceptional customer service skills, ability to manage multiple priorities, and effective project management skills in a fast-paced work environment.
• Occasional evening/ weekend work required, particularly during peak tour season and special events.
• May need to help lift objects weighing up to 20 pounds on occasion.
We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best talent on our team. The Martin House is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Anticipated start date in February, 2022.