Café Associate (part time, 20-25 hours/week)
Frank Lloyd Wright’s Martin House is seeking a qualified individual to work in our visitor cafe located in the Parkside district of Buffalo. This individual will be responsible for daily operations in the Statler Cafe. They will provide excellent customer service, complete sales transactions, ensure food safety practices and provide the optimal guest experience. Daytime hours primarily with some evening shifts. Weekend availability required.
We strongly encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, and other individuals who are under-represented in the profession, across color, creed, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender and sexual identity, or any other legally protected basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service and promote café sales.
- Maintain inventory in an organized manner on the floor and storage areas.
- Receive, count, and label product for display and sale.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and orderly environment in the café dining area, rest room and workstations.
- Assist with set up, break down, and hosting of Statler Cafe and Martin House internal/external events on an as-needed basis.
- Minimum of 1 year of retail experience.
- Strong basic computer skills.
- Ability to routinely and repetitively bend to lift more than 20 lbs.
Compensation: Compensation starts at $15.50/hour, but may be adjusted based on experience.
To apply: send the following materials to email@example.com indicating “Cafe Associate” in the subject line:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but we will begin reviewing applications on September 25.